Sun-Earther

Comments: One for the Earthman

As it happens, Boogieboy, I had seen it. I'd forgotten just how awesome it is though.

Much thanks for i) the reminder, and ii) the heads-up.

;-)

--c.

Posted by Clive at September 23, 2004 12:15 PM

Lordalive!
I just knew you still harboured a Van Halen fetish...these things don't leave us, do they? Despite all my sarf London hip-hop boy self-re-invention, I still find myself walking along late at night quietly singing 'Marianne' or somesuch tripe. If I find a helpline for those afflicted by their teenages, I'll let you know posthaste.

Posted by Jan at September 23, 2004 4:26 PM

Jan, just let it go! Bela Lugosi's dead!

You should see Cresley - she's diggin out all her Skid Row and Warrant albums!

Posted by jonah at September 24, 2004 9:28 AM

I never put mine away. ;-)

Posted by Clive at September 24, 2004 10:20 AM

Hey Rockman, you'd really dig on some of the stuff she's got - some Cinderella wierd-shaped picture discs and a load of old Skid Row bootleg pressings from when "bootleg" meant covertly taping a gig instead of nerds mixing accapellas into other tracks on their computers. I'll have to email you a list of what she's got - I have a mate who'll rip it from the vinyl if you're interested in any of it.

Posted by jonah at September 24, 2004 10:33 AM

Tell Crezza there're amendments in the Geneva Convention against what she's doing.

Posted by Jan at September 24, 2004 7:45 PM

cheers, boogster, but I'll pass. on a semi-related note, I'm the new guitarist in newly-reformed late-80s semi-goth rocksters, Claytown Troupe.

and we're playing the Whitby Goth Festival on 29th oct.

and we're headline support to Zodiac Mindwarp.

how cool?

Posted by Clive at September 27, 2004 11:00 AM

Cor! Bravo old son!

Wow, Zod the God ... one of my musical heroes.

I'm a sex fuhrer baby, I'm a love dictator ...

Whitby Goth festival eh ... ? I have a chum with a little cottage up that way ... Hmmmmmm ....

Posted by jonah at September 27, 2004 12:15 PM

Way cool! Now, what about resurrecting Fields of the Nephilim? Or The Ancestry? James Ray's Gangwar, anyone?

A lone voice, crying in the wilderness

Posted by Jan at September 27, 2004 7:40 PM

heh... james ray is the headliner on the thursday.

see http://www.wgw.topmum.co.uk/2004-2.php for full edification.

--c.

Posted by Clive at September 28, 2004 9:37 AM

Goshdarn it, I have a strong urge to attend said event. I just have to talk the Willster into letting us use his ancestral seat (fnar) in Ravenscar.

Sheesh, even the name of the village sounds Gothy ...

Posted by jonah at September 28, 2004 9:57 AM

well further to that, myself and my girlfriend still need somewhere to stay on the friday night. the rest of the band have decided to watch Zod then get back in the van and drive home.

I have decided to say "Bugger that for a game of soldiers."

but as yet I haven't managed to sort anywhere to stay. if your arrangements allow for it, would there be space for 2 more?

also, this may be best continued off-comments-page. :-)

Posted by Clive at September 29, 2004 10:03 AM